How to set up for your session
How to Prepare for your Online Session
Check your connection
- A strong internet connection is the most important factor in having a clear and uninterrupted online therapy session.
- Run an internet speed test to make sure your internet bandwidth is at least 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps.
- Reset your modem by unplugging the power cord, waiting one minute, then reconnecting to power.
- Turn off any other devices that are connected to the internet (phones, tablets, etc.), or temporarily disable their network connection. Ask that others who share your internet connection log-off while you are in session.
- Close all other online windows on your computer, and discontinue any downloads that may be in progress.
- Choose a location for the session that is close to your internet modem and router.
- Set up your computer or tablet in a private location where you will not be overheard or interrupted.
- Lighting should be aimed toward the front of you. Avoid sitting with a window or other source of bright light behind you.
Use a Microphone Headset or AirPods
- this improves overall sound quality and prevents a distracting “echo” caused when one person can hear them self on the other’s computer speaker.
- Make sure your camera is eye-level and that your face is fully visible on the screen.
- Move the Video Image for Eye Contact